Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Whoo Hoo, Big Man at Sport Chek!!

Well here I am finally adding an entry on our blog. I have been waiting to use our new computer at home so I could include some pictures along with the entries but alas, we still have not made any decisions on internet or cable. Yes, hard to believe for Shane and I. We are a little out of touch with the real world these days. Is Gill Grissom still the man in Las Vegas??? And gee do I miss playing Cities and Knights online - did I actually just admit that???

Anyways, we've had a lot going on in the past few months which I hope to share later with some pics, but the biggest news right now that doesn't need a picture, is that my incredible hubby finally got the recognition he deserves at work and yes, he got a promotion!! Starting on Monday, Feb. 12th, he will officailly be "The Assistant Manager / Manager of Softgoods" at the Pitt Meadows Sport Chek. So drop in and say hi and congratulations if you feel so inclined. He has worked so hard for the last 2 years and now it has finally paid off. He was a little hesitant to accept the offer because he will be working with a new General Manager for Sport Chek and there's some moving around with the other managers at Pitt Meadows - we didn't want to go from bad to worse with scheduling (most people know what a huge FAN I am of his current schedules he gets at Coquitlam). But he took a leap of faith and jumped right into the opportunity. He has already gotten his schedule for next week and so far we're impressed. So we're just going to keep praying that this was the right decision and that he'll be happy there. Who knows, at this rate, he could be running the whole company in what 4, 5 years?

Congratulations, Shane! I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

Tawny said...

I tried to publish my comment don't know if it worked? ANyhow what I said was WAY TO GO SHANE! and thank you for updating your blog!!!!
....Gil Grissam no longer there...did you know that?
Love T